One of the core features of the ISO/IEC 11179-3 information model is the ability to extend the models by subclassing from the included items. The core item that most 11179 objects are based on is the “Concept”.
Due to this encouragement of inheritance and enhancement, Aristotle-MDR follows similar principles and uses the Object-Oriented approach of Python and Django, to expose a rich API that makes adding new content, and altering templates quick and easy.
- Making new metadata types
- Adding new download formats
- Adding new bulk actions
- Including extra content on pages
- Tags and filters available in aristotle templates
- Using Aristotle permissions in custom code